Friday, November 2, 2012

Letter #2 October 30, 2012

I am doing fine. I was sick two nights ago and all yesterday but this morning i am doing a lot better.
I am learning how to love investigators and teach them relying on the spirit. I never realized how hard or how easy that is. If you really want to know what I've been learning, czech out pages 176 and 177 in Preach My Gospel, as well as all of chapter 3. I have grown here. My testimony is growing in places I didn't even realize it needed to. I am learning how to love people after one sentance.
I report to the travel office at 5 am on the 6th and drive to the airport where i want to say our flight leaves at 8:30? I don't have my plans with me right now, so I'll make sure to give you the official times later. We fly to LA and have a 2 hour layover, the fly to Tokyo with another 2 hour layover, then to guam, all on delta. we leave the morning of the 6th and arrive in guam 20 minutes before the 8th. wild.
I am amazed at how quickly God can make us who he needs us to be. We have been teaching the brand new missionaries as mock investigators for about a week now and i can see incredible progress. You know how good i am at planning...well i have learned to plan. and have learned to appreciate it. who knew? not me.
I don't think it is possible to describe how i felt when i received the halloween package:) we have been having so much fun with that stuff and you will probably receive a video we will make with it sometime before we leave:)
I appreciate all of the jokes:)
I am known by my district as Timon from Lion King. You can only imagine the type of singing that goes on here.
half of our zone just left for california so we are waiting to see who will be here tomorrow.
I met a senior missionary who is from rexburg and knows schwendimans. her name is sister snarr.
I think i am doing my laundry right.
i have taken more pictures than i thought i would my entire mission and am sending them today (yes, that was the right card, but try to send the one you get back to me as soon as possible because the one you sent me doesn't have much memory)
I love you all and miss you. it sounds like you are doing well and that the hobbit hole is coming along fine:)
I love you dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment