Friday, July 19, 2013

May 27, 2013

Dear Family,

Those pictures looked really good:) I'm glad you were able to go climb
some rocks. I am proud of you all:)

So, Bro. Burnise did not get baptized. It was pretty tough on him. He
slipped up again, and was feeling pretty down. So we are working
really hard on helping him gain personal strength through scripture
study, prayer, coming to church, and true intent. He'll get there:)

Actually, Hiroshi never got baptized. I feel really bad for him. It
was tough to leave him right when he was so close. But, I think he
will eventually get there. But, another investigator I spent a lot of
time on in Lelu, Kilafwa, just got baptized. He is doing really well
right now.

We are working really hard right now, and seeing small miracles all
the time. We are trying really hard right now to improve our lessons.
For example, we just put together a really powerful Book of Mormon
lesson that leads into the Gospel of Jesus Christ to teach as a follow
up lesson for the Restoration of the Priesthood. Things are going
well, and the branch is getting stronger.

We had a really sad experience a little while ago. We attended the
funeral of newborn twins, and were some of the only people there. We
had a nice small service for them, and then helped bury them up on the
mountain. It was pretty tough to be there, but I felt my testimony of
God's love for his children increase. I am grateful that I was able to
be there.

Anyway, we have been having a good time working full time here, and I
am happy and healthy. I hope you are all doing well:)

Love,

Elder Gerber

ps--if you haven't sent that package already, could you put in a vial
for oil? Mine is no where to be found. Also, I haven't received my
line of authority card. Even if you could just email me the names,
that would be wonderful so I could start memorizing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment