Wednesday, September 11, 2013

July 28, 2013

Dear Family:)

This week has gone a lot better than last week. We had kind of been
struggling with getting to see people, mostly due to the fact that the
bicycles are out of action right now (hopefully I'll have some time
today to really get down and patch them up) and we have been walking.

So we did, in fact, end up teaching Pastor William last Thursday.
During our District Meeting that morning, I felt impressed to ask the
senior couple missionaries to join us for that lesson. And I must say,
it was the best bible-bashing I have ever witnessed in my life. Elder
Eldredge took over and we were there for about two hours. There was no
winner, nor loser. We did all part as friends. But, I think the
purpose of the lesson was: we now know all of Sister Drina's concerns
and where they come from, as well as scriptures to use to help her
overcome them.

As for the poor man who thought that we would inherit worlds full of
women, we have stopped meeting with him. He refused to listen to our
testimonies or to read the Book of Mormon. I get pretty dang sad when
something like that happens.

It sounds like Owen and I are in the same boat: I just started to
realize that I'm going to have to re-learn how to drive. I think it
has been around 9 months since I drove a car...

There really isn't too much else to talk about. The dog that visits
our house often that we don't chase out (due to the fact that she
looks like somebody's grandmother reincarnated and doesn't bark) but
that isn't a pet is about to drop puppies. We will probably collect
them and give them to Brother Ronny to look after for the next couple
months. Hopefully we will have a good BBQ soon.                ;)

I think that the biggest thing that I've learned over the past few
weeks is just how wonderful the Book of Mormon is. I'm almost done
reading through the New Testament, highlighting every verse that backs
up what we teach. It has been a very good experience, but mainly
because when I finish my allotted time for NT, I pick up my BoM. The
difference is incredible. There are times that I feel the Spirit while
reading the Bible, and there are definitely verses and stories in
there that I love; but the interesting thing about reading the Book of
Mormon along-side it is: I found that I always feel the Spirit when I
read it. It is usually pretty subtle, but I have noticed it every day
for the last three weeks straight.

So we are trying to contact a referral named Misral Lobama... (please
note that the "i" sound is pronounced "ee" and the "sr" is pronounced
"sh")

Things are going well with a promise of getting better. I love you all
very much.

I am healthy and happy.

Love,

Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment