Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 21, 2014

Happy Easter:) We didn't really notice it was Easter until it came up
behind us and stole our wallets.

So a little girl in the Utwe area that I had worked with a ton finally
got baptized last Saturday. She asked me to baptize her, and it was a
wonderful experience. Esmina came and watched again (she had some
scary stuff happen to her that put her off baptism for last week) and
really felt the Spirit and has really resolved to be baptized this
Saturday--which happens to be Conference. It should be great. She is
doing really well now. It's hard to believe that she ever told us
never to come back. Thank you for your prayers in her behalf.

So Elder Gibb is doing really well. We've really been teaching at all
opportunities, and it has been lots of fun. We've started making bets
with less-actives: if we can beat them in arm-wrestles, they have to
go to church. If they beat us, then we have to go.

There have been lots of little miracles lately that have really been
adding up. Kosrae has already baptized more people this year than all
of last year. I guess we do everything on the Lord's time.

I have to put this in: the computers we use are pretty bad. It usually
takes about 20 minutes of sitting and tweaking buttons before I can
see any emails. Today was especially bad, and I was getting a little
frustrated. Then I decided to start trying to figure out what I was
grateful for as I tried the whole process, yet again. As soon as I
switched to this mentality, the computer worked and I got right on
through, no problem. Gratitude fixes attitudes and computers.

It is still odd to me to think that it is Sunday for you all.

I love you all very much and I'm doing very well.

Love, Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment