Tuesday, April 15, 2014

March 9, 2014

Dear Family,

Sorry that this email is pretty late--we had a pretty spur of the
moment zone activity today. We took a boat to Waclucng again, but this
time we were able to do much more. We toured around and had a blast.
It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life.
Everybody we talked to was so happy to see us and gave us food. They
all told us that they wanted us to come back. I was able to talk to a
guy about the church, and he seemed really happy about it. We also met
up with a less-active member there and we had a good long visit with
him as we played football. I can't wait until those people get the
chance to hear the gospel. I filled up my memory card, and should be
sending it next week.

Things are really going well in Malem. We had our area extended to
include a new village, and a girl there really wants to be baptized.
She is a family member of Aleksru, the second counselor in the branch,
and lives really close to them. We are really happy for her. Her
family loves us, but isn't quite as ready to be baptized yet. Anyway,
her name is Perokila (or something like that. That's how you would
spell it in Kosraean), but everyone just calls her Perok (prounounced
broke as in broken).

Ninac Esmina is doing good, too. She is all ready to come to church
next week, and is getting the kids at her house--who happen to be
less-active members--to read to her from the Book of Mormon. It really
seems to mean a lot to her that we take time to go see her. She is one
of the people who seems to get that we actually do love her.

Jun and Likiaksa came with us again yesterday. They are doing super
good. Likiaksa is really prepared for his mission, and is now waiting
for his year mark and for his mom to get her plane ticket to the
states so he won't have to take care of her. He ordained Jun to the
Aaronic Priesthood yesterday. I had to help him through a couple of
places, but he did a fantastic job and the blessing he gave was
beautiful. The branch is doing really well.

I have been seeing a lot of cool Kosrae stuff lately. Last week, we
saw a bunch of dolphins jumping around at district meeting, and today,
we saw stingrays and some of the coolest flying/sword fish jumping
around the boat. I kept trying to get pictures, but you know how
impossible that is.

I don't have a lot of time, but thank you so much for this last email.
It was special to me. I am so proud of all of you. You all sound
extremely busy, and all in the right ways. I love you all very much.

Love,
Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment