Tuesday, April 15, 2014

February 3, 2014

Dear Family,

Well, later on today, we are going to the airport to pick up the
Curtis couple and Elder Despain--Elder Vesikula is apparently staying
in Guam for the next couple of weeks due to some liver problems,
meaning Elder Despain is going to be staying with Elder Blackwell and
me. 

We were able to teach Kennard with his family yesterday. I'll tell you
what, they made me really happy. We had a wonderful lesson. The wife
is devoutly Baptist, so we were kind of expecting some opposition from
her, but the Spirit was working pretty hard and they both felt it.
They were all very happy with our visit, and Kennard and his son,
Bonny, are reading the Book of Mormon. I have very high hopes for
them.

We have been working a lot on getting more members to come with us
teaching. It has been a little tricky to work out island-schedules,
but we have been having some wonderful moments. President George is
doing a fantastic job with the branch, and has worked out a set
schedule with us. Likiaksa is still doing really well, and he is able
to come with us occasionally as well.

I am amused that you looked up the temperatures.

Church was really nice yesterday. President George is now having
musical numbers every week, and we have been singing a whole lot.
Actually, I have to admit, I kind of always assumed that fasting would
get a lot easier once I got on my mission. You know, being full of the
Spirit and stuff. But, it stays just as tough as ever. I still get
irritable when I'm hungry, but I have noticed a difference in the
amount and depth of revelations I receive when I fast. Isn't it
strange, the prophets actually meant exactly what they said when they
talked about fasting? Go figure.

There's a book called "Tahitian for Missionaries," is there? I assume
it was put together by your mission? It sounds kind of similar to our
language packets, and those are written by the missionaries that are
leaving. I have a lot of corrections to make with the Kosraean one,
though. I do hope that you and Mom get the chance to go.

I sure am impressed with all of you. Owen and Andy are all grown up,
Kyle's going off to college again, Jesse's a spy, Kennedy is a mom,
Christian is definitely not a newborn, Leslie is being a missionary in
D.C; that's all pretty neat.

I am healthy and happy. 


Love,
Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment