Tuesday, April 15, 2014

February 16, 2014

Dear Family,

I just got Grandma's package. It was pretty dang fantastic. Thanks,
Grandma and Damion. Still awaiting ukulele tabs.

It sounds like just about everyone back there is sick. That's too bad. Well, I hope that
everyone gets feeling better.

We had a really great week. We were able to teach a lot of people, and
we really felt and saw God's hand leading us. If you cast your minds
back, you might remember me talking about Ninac Esmina. She had
dropped us a few weeks ago (rather rudely, I might add) and told us
not to come back. She lives with a less-active family, and last
Thursday, President Sasaki set up home teaching appointment with them.
We went with him, and Esmina sat in on the lesson. Afterward, she
apologized and invited us back. She has been getting a lot of
anti-mormon poop from the baptists (who seem to think they know more
about our church than we do) and so we have been answering a lot of
questions from her recently. We'll see how she responds to the Spirit
this time around.

I hope Owen got the chance to bless the sacrament today. I'm
flabbergasted (never thought I'd use that word in my life) that there
are that many people worthy and willing to fulfill their priesthood
duties. It makes me feel really good. Please tell the young men that
are in your sunday school classes that I am proud of them.

It's super weird to hear Dad talk about internet and stuff. I'll tell
you what, he'll probably be better at technology stuff than I am when
I get back.

I got the ward newsletter from Bishop Page and saw that Seth just got
back, and you two had written me about it. He makes me happy too.

Just found out from Alec that Bronson is an AP in Detroit. What a good
guy. I sure was blessed with good friends.

We are extremely excited about that stake in Pohnpei. Micronesia has
been doing very well, and it is a wonderful time to be a missionary.
Kosrae is doing pretty good too. There is a family of six getting
baptized this Saturday, and two people from Lelu will be getting
baptized in the next few weeks. We are working here in Malem to get
people ready, but we don't have anything solid worked out. Something
that we have been focusing on that has really helped is the Branch
leaders. We now have a strong Branch Presidency who attend every week
(the second counselor and his wife just walked three hours one way to
get to church and another four to get back). We are getting a Branch
Council together once a month. Branch attendance is consistently high
now. The young men are doing well and starting to get more involved in
their priesthood duties. We still don't have any young women coming,
but there have been some callings extended that should help with that.
President Sasaki is doing a wonderful job.

President Mecham is paying a visit today. That should be nice. He will
be finding out if he wants to send sisters or not today. We'll see.

I love you all very much. I am doing very well.

Love,
Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment