Tuesday, April 15, 2014

March 31, 2014

Dear Family,

I seem to have made a mistake somewhere--Brocula is a girl. And she
got baptized on Saturday. It was one of the greatest services we've
ever had. She and another girl from Utwe area that I worked with quite
a bit got baptized together. The AP's are here, and were able to come
to it. Actually, we had a miracle that I want to share (besides the
fact that Broc got baptized): We had the Branch Clerk in the car with
us going around teaching before the baptism. We were just heading up
to the Lelu area where the baptism was going to take place when the
Utwe elders called us to tell us that the cargo truck that was picking
people up had run out of gas, and they needed the clerk to sign the
check for a fill-up. So, we turned around and jetted back. We left the
truck filling up, and were on our way back when we passed Esmina's
house and felt impressed to stop and go make sure she was ready to go.
She had fallen asleep, and so we flagged the truck down to wait for
her. She was able to get in with her neighbor-member-friend, and we
met up with and were able to sit next to her through the baptism. She
felt the Spirit strongly and loved it. She asked about her own
baptism, and now we are shooting for this Saturday for her. She came
to church yesterday and loved it. I was able to speak at the baptism
on the Restoration, and yesterday on personal revelation, and was able
to direct my talks at her. She is doing ridiculously well.
Brocula's brother, Maverick, told a member that he wants to be
baptized. We are trying to see him either today or tomorrow.
Kosrae has another baptism today, and another one tomorrow.

It was super fun to have the AP's with us. One of them stayed with us
on Saturday, and then we got the other one yesterday. Super good guys.

This is Elder Vesicula's last week here. I haven't seen an elder go
home yet. Elder Conejero went to Saipan for his last two transfers, so
I didn't see him on his last legs. It is super weird. I'm sure gonna
miss that guy. I'm fixing his ukulele as a going away present.

I got the package. It was perfect:) Thank you so much. Elder Blackwell
and I were absolutely thrilled. The MP3 player is exactly what I
wanted. I love you guys so much.

The training we got today from the assistants was super good. All on
perspective. Something that I've really been learning on my mission is
choosing to enjoy things. The Spirit taught me today that "patience"
is a million split-second decisions. We really do choose to be happy.

We went and saw the Lelu ruins today. Super cool story. They were
built almost exactly like the Ponpeian ruins of a temple. Actually,
the Ponpeian temple is called Nguhn Muhtahl, which is Kosraean for
Holy Ghost. There is a lot of speculation by members that it was built
by members of our church from the Nephites. Cool stuff.

I'm super happy and healthy. I am so proud of each of you and love you
a lot. I loved the pictures and am blown away by how much you have all
changed.

Love,
Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment