Tuesday, April 15, 2014

March 23, 2014

Dear Family,

This last week went really well. Brok (I try to spell a name in
Kosraean, and it turns out to be an English spelling) is really on
track for this Saturday. It's really interesting to work as hard as
you can with all of these other people for months and months, and then
somebody you've never even heard of pops up and asks to be baptized.
Just goes to show that this is God's work, not ours.

I had to stop counting crabs; I wrote on the kill count paper "TOO
MANY TO COUNT" and left it at that. Same situation with frogs.

The branch is doing incredibly well. The different groups are starting
to get excited about being a group and being members. The youth group
especially is really taking off. Likiaksa and Jun are doing a great
job in the branch with getting people excited and coming with us to
teach. They are going to be great missionaries, and hopefully, they
will have the Book of Mormon in their own language on their missions
to study.

Sister Esmina is doing better. For the longest time, she didn't like
the Book of Mormon at all. She pretended like she was ok with it, but
we finally noticed it. So we read to her out of it. We read most of
Ether 12 to her, and translated it for her. We then read her 2 Nephi
33. Then we found a bunch of scriptures on prayer for her and read
those to her. I am happy to say, she is now a big supporter of the
Book of Mormon.

I am reading a lot out of the Old Testament. I have read the entire
New Testament, and am now tackling the Old. I am currently in 1
Chronicles (tell you what, Chronicles is mind numbing). It has been
surprisingly good and I have really built my faith and knowledge. My
understanding of the Book of Mormon and the New Testament has really
deepened because of it. I have now found two new scripture heroes:
Hezekiah and Josiah. Pretty good guys. Just in case any one was
interested.

I love you all very much. I am so proud of all of you. Owen and Andy
sound like the they're just the bee's knees. I am doing well and am
very happy.

Love,
Elder Gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment